Thanks for considering a donation!
We hope you make the right call and decide to spend some money each month for such an awesome piece of software as ActivityWatch. We aim to spend the money wisely, and commit to being transparent about any expenses we have in the future.
What’s in it for me?
Our eternal gratitude, better future versions of ActivityWatch, and the love of the community. If you want something else, just ask!
We currently support the following donation methods (roughly in our order of preference):
- Liberapay (0% fee + payment processing fees)
- GitHub Sponsors (0% fee (sort of), GitHub covers payment processing costs)
- Backed by Open Collective, so their fees apply.
- Patreon (5% service fee + VAT + payment processing fees)
- Open Collective (10% fee + payment processing fees)
- Gitcoin - matching funds available! (0% fee + transaction fees)
- Direct transfer
- Note: Please send us an email with the transaction ID so we can attribute the donation to you!
- Bitcoin: 1NSxJs1wYUrRv53ZVH2DX9fquXdSPAdyYh
- Ether: 0x8A8D0B2BeDa2E29A859cB95d6541Ef19608b234A
Why do we need donations?
- They help the sustainability of the project; every dollar improves the probability that the project will be actively developed for a long time.
- It helps us attract developers to the project.
- They serve as proof that the project is valuable to our users, which is very useful when we apply to grants.
What is the money used for?
- All expenses will be entirely transparent for community review.
- They will not pay for the work of the current lead developer Erik.
- Server costs of the forum and other infrastructure.
- Funding other open source projects that ActivityWatch depends on.
Do you think we could do a better job or want your donation to go towards something specific? Send us an email!